AFDA Code of Ethics
Members of the Australian Funeral Directors Association agree to honour the spirit and provisions of the Code and as subscribers to the Code to hereby affirm and accept willingly the responsibilities and privileges that are implied by membership of the Association.
- To maintain in all matters the highest standards of business, professional and personal conduct.
- To respect in all circumstances the confidentiality and trust placed in us by our clients and members of the public.
- To ensure that staff is qualified and competent.
- To ensure that facilities are adequate for all services rendered to the community.
- To provide information concerning the range of services available, the prices of these services, and the functions and responsibilities accepted on behalf of our clients.
- To give a written estimate of all funeral charges and disbursements to be made on a client’s behalf at the time of taking instructions, or as soon as is practicable.
- To respect the personal choice of clients and have regard for their diversity of beliefs in religious and cultural practices.
- To ensure that all advertising is in good taste and directed to informing the public.
- To be thoroughly conversant with the laws of the land as they apply to funeral service and allied industries and professions.
- To provide access to a client advisory service with conciliation and arbitration arrangements available to help resolve any disputes which arise between members and their clients.